Saturday 30 January 2010

The working capital cycle (with audio link)





I was asked to elaborate on Friday's lecture and talk a bit more about the working capital cycle. Here are some slides on the subject - copied from my book - and indeed, the front cover of the book so you can see what to buy!

The Slide 19.1 is the working capital cycle that I put up on the board yesterday. Slide 19.2 is an illustration of the different working capital arangements in different industries.

The book is Corporate Financial Strategy, by Ruth Bender and Keith Ward, and is published by Butterworth Heinemann. An Amazon link is here, but my students are probably better off buying it in the campus bookshop. (It is required reading for my elective!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corporate-Financial-Strategy-Ruth-Bender/dp/0750686650/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264852042&sr=8-1

And an audio explanation of all of this - freshly recorded - is at http://www.ipadio.com/phlogs/RuthBender/2010/01/30/Ruths-phlog-1st-phonecast

(Finally - for any students wanting more about working capital and DCF - I'll deal with that in the next lecture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment